Thread: Go off, Bill!
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2004, 07:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Actually, it's not funny.
It's sad and frightening that the conservative message gets that much attention and P.R..

As I said, when you make something into a three-ring circus (which O'Reilly, Limbaugh and Hannity do), then of course people are going to watch or listen, because it's sensationalistic.
The amount of viewers or supporters doesn't mean the message is a good one.
Your position is noted. But I disagree with it. I don't listen to Limbaugh but I catch some of Hannity's show on the way home from work. (I am not much into talk radio!) I understand he has a point of view he is trying to poresent but I never got the "sensational" side of it from him. He is just stating his opinions...and he backs them up. And, I know liberals hate personalities like Hannity, but just because they do doesn't mean the message is bad, either. Why is it bad?

Quote:
For the record, the Republicans & conservatives have historically been considered the "finger-pointers" and the ones who play "dirty pool."
And, any "action" they take almost always somehow screws over "the little guy."
Just have a look at the link in my signature (the AFL-CIO's BushWatch).
Yeah, yeah...the left blame the right and the right blame the left....yada, yada...Both sides are guilty. Politics is sickening sometimes.....

I heard a Democratci strategist the other day on the radio say that a major reason for the presidential loss in '00 and the subsequent loss of seats in Congress in '02 was because the Dems were spending too much time attacking Repub's and not getting their policy messages out. I agree. It's all you hear from Kennedy and Daschel, etc....blah, blah..."Bush is to blame for everything!! Vote for us!! We'll fix it!! We won't tell you how yet!!"

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller