View Single Post
Old 10-19-2003, 07:42 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Everyone--

I have received a lot of requests from people on The Ledge, as well as privately, to set up a Paypal account to accept donations for the server expenses. The letters of support by email, here, and on the Rumours forum are very flattering and I thank everyone for the kind words. In the past I pursued undertakings so that people would receive something tangible in exchange for helping with the site. Realistically, I do not currently have the time to institute and manage projects such as The Penguin Photo Gallery, The Penguin Album Corner, and the Calendars anymore. As many seem very willing to help and want the site to continue, I do concede that the donations would ease the financial burden not just on me, but also on the generous benefactors that I mentioned at the beginning of this post. It would also provide some funds for scripts so that The Penguin can become more frequently updated once again. For example, I just purchased a script an hour ago to revamp the Blue Letter Archives; as you might expect, the best scripts are not free.

I am not going to remind people that the link is there or ask them to donate anything at all to the site. However, if you would like to contribute, you certainly can, and it is very much appreciated. The link appears on the left column of the Ledge's main page. Thank you.

- Marty and Lis