View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Arrow Sheryl Crow still wants to join Fleetwood Mac

Excellent interview with Sheryl on Howard Stern today. Here is a transcript. She was a friend of Prince which brought out the Stevie Stand Back story with Prince and then Howard asked about her joining Fleetwood Mac.

"You have to seize the moment, every opportunity, to tell the people that you care about that you care about them. And I wish I would have done that more," Sheryl said. She also bought into Howard's theory that Prince's personal injuries might have been caused by jumping around in his signature high heels. Stevie Nicks even once told her about playing basketball with Prince while he wore pumps.
Speaking of Stevie Nicks, Howard asked Sheryl about rumors she almost joined the band Fleetwood Mac. Sheryl revealed she was close to coming on as a new member but things simply didn't line up. "I wish I would've. I wish I could have," she said.
Howard heard it was longtime member Lindsey Buckingham who had a problem with inducting Sheryl into the band. "Well, I felt like if there was gonna be bad blood when I joined, that perhaps maybe I shouldn't. I didn't want to upset something that was already so beautiful," Sheryl said. "I would still love to do it. I'm putting it out there."

Both Robin and Howard joked that bad blood in Fleetwood Mac is not a bad thing since the band seemed to thrive on it
I would have loved to have seen Stevie play basketball with Prince. She mentioned it happened at Sunset Sound during the recording of Stand Back.

https://www.howardstern.com/show/201...ing-superstar/

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-18-2017 at 05:20 PM..