View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I don't know, I'm not in their heads but it's possible not everyone of them wants to do the same thing now, it wouldn't be the first time. Maybe not everyone wants to do an album without Stevie? Maybe not everyone wants to tour this summer? Maybe not everyone wants to commit fully to the studio for the time being? Or maybe Lindsey and Christine wants to change a bit and they want the freedom to use different musicians for different tracks? Or maybe Lindsey and Christine just wants to experiment an album of which they really are the sole two creators? Maybe they want freedom from the bindings of record companies?
Not only did they NOT say they were working with different people, they went out of their way to mention that Mick and John were involved. In fact, they ONLY mentioned Mick and John. If they were trying to distinguish this from Fleetwood Mac, they did a lousy job.

And, Christine said in an earlier interview that the FOUR of them were planning a smaller summer tour.

Quote:
And they were all unique experiments in their genre. People aren't interchangeable, different members=different dynamics=different music. Otherwise there wouldn't be any difference between the different eras of this band.
Okay? I'm not sure what your point is . . . I mean "people aren't interchangeable, different members=different dynamics=different music" didn't stop them from using the Fleetwood Mac name before, and these four people were 80% of a band over five studio albums, so there's nobody different in the mix. Calling this Fleetwood Mac wouldn't have been a stretch.

Quote:
And the end of Fleetwood Mac was avoided by a breath in the 90's if it wasn't for the Clinton inauguration and The Dance, everyone thought the classic line-up and probably the band were to die at the time.
If the sales numbers of all the Fleetwood Mac-related output -band or solo- between 1992-97 were added together, I doubt it would hit 600,000 albums. Lindsey and Stevie tanked as solo artists after leaving the band and the band tanked without them. The only way they could have careers was reuniting.

THE Stephen Hopkins