Supporting Ledgie

03.07.2013 - Los Angeles

Song

???

Intro

Download

1. http://www.mediafire.com/download/p0...3%20(6.01).mp4 [06.01 minutes, 17MB]

What Was Said

S: So it’s twice as long as the song that we’re going to play that’s getting this introduction so I’m going to try and be like a teacher – I did go to school for five years to be a teacher. So I’m going to try and focus. In 1970 there was a girl – me – who wrote a poem, a beautiful poem about Lindsey and me.

S: ...at the end of last year. And when we recorded it – he looks bored but he’s not. he’s enjoying this; he told me so – so Mick said...

S: So. This is always where I throw it over to Lindsey even though he doesn’t really want it. The end? [???]
L: Are you throwing it over to me?
S: I’m throwing it over to you now. *mimes throwing*
L: And, uh, let’s see. Well, you don’t always throw it over to me [???].
S: Well, I *gives up and turns away from mic*
L: Okay. Let’s see. Oh, yes, so, yes, she is right. Mick, we had met Mick only once and he had heard one or two of our songs. And about two weeks later I get a call from Mick saying ‘Lindsey’ and I say ‘Yes, Mick’. ‘Would you like to join Fleetwood Mac?’ he says. And I say ‘Well, Mick *laughs* if you take me *Lindsey points to himself*, you gotta take my girlfriend *Lindsey points to Stevie* too!’ *Stevie points to self*That’s what I call loyalty, baby [???].
S: He’s throwing it back to me now. Okay.
L: But, but, but -
S: But -
L: No, no, no, I mean, clearly it worked out.
S: So then I would like to take this moment to thank the boys. To thank Lindsey for saying to Mick ‘I can’t join your band and be lead guitarist if you don’t take my girlfriend.’ Thank you, Lindsey. *Lindsey blows her a kiss as she bows to him* I’d like to thank Mick Fleetwood for asking him and then me, both of us, to join this crazy band of crazy mad dogs [???] and Englishmen that went on a 37 year trip and ride. Thank you so much, Mick, for that. And then I’d like to thank John McVie, my favourite bass player in the world, for just going along with the whole thing and said ‘just bring the girl’.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"