View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 11:43 PM
Registered

Re: OOTC:

I wouldn't be at all that surprised if Lindsey views that album as incredibly dated/irrelevant (in lyrical content, as well as the horrifically dated- even for 1992- production values), and winces at the thought of performing those songs on stage. Plus, lets not forget the fact that Lindsey & his label both went on a full-on blitz to promote the hell out of that album. As we all know, the album sold poorly (with Lindsey only 5 years removed from Tango, and 15 removed from Rumours); Lindsey has nothing but bitter resentment for those years, based on everything I've heard.

That said, I'd be quite pleased if he did Countdown, You Do Or You Don't... maybe a more guitar oriented Surrender The Rain, if he could pull it off. Closing the show with Say We'll Meet Again every few shows or so. All fine by me. However, we don't need a Come-esque masturbatory guitar epic like This Is The Time- IMO, the worst song he's ever recorded, solo or with FM. As it is, for all we know, he's already (re)written one for the new album.

Speaking of another POS, in lieu of Doing What I Can, how about (for the first time ever) performing Big Love with a full band? I'd love to see that- and I know I'm not alone.