View Single Post
Old 12-03-2022, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlie View Post
I’m there right now. Blew a good chunk of my savings on one of the accordions and some other things, but I’ve always been the kind of person who gets really attached to the sentimental value of objects - I figured this is a once in a lifetime kind of thing (literally - I can’t imagine myself ever bidding in an auction again in my life) and I’d regret it if I didn’t. I hope that a good amount of the items have been going to other true fans. But some of these hammer prices are wildly high compared to the estimates - hopefully Musicares at least gets a decent percentage of it.
Yes... I may have bid on some items myself...

I loved that one of her pianos that sold came with a cover that said "Christing F*****g McVie" LOL

Was QUITE surprised, given the way everything has been flying out the door and for higher than estimated prices, that her Yamaha baby grand that she used on the road to play "Songbird" from 1977-1997 per the auction notes, did NOT meet its minimum. They had it estimated from $50-70k and the bids stalled out at like $40/45k and they pulled it.