View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
No one in the Temptations or the Supremes played instruments... their recordings and live performances were with studio and backing musicians. The members only sang.

Tina Turner, like Stevie Nicks, doesn't play an instrument, but you say she should be inducted. I'm glad you said that, but that weakens your argument that Stevie shouldn't have been inducted because she doesn't play an instrument, if you have no problem with Tina being inducted.

I mentioned Lindsey because he was inducted with FM, and if you say people have to pay to be inducted, I figure Lindsey would have paid his fair share, too. Unless you think he doesn't understand how the music industry works, either? So, like the other members of FM, you must think Lindsey paid his way into the RRHOF, too. Just kidding. I really have no idea, but I'd like to think FM got in on merit alone.

I know we disagree, but I'm glad we can discuss this topic without getting nasty.
Stevie's inability to play an instrument is just the icing of the cake of why she shouldn't be inducted. You can't possibly compare The Temptations, The Supremes or Tina Turner's contribution to the music with Stevie's. Miles and miles apart.

Still don't understand your point. Why Lindsey? It's not his call. He doesn't take decisions in the band. If it was up to him, he simply doesn't care about those things.

Many people got nasty with me here with no apparent reason. You don't get nasty, I don't get nasty. You get nasty, you go to my ignore list. Simple as that.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.