View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
That raised my eyebrow as well. Perhaps he was referencing the fact that Stevie admitted she cheated on Lindsey because Lindsey himself never trusted Stevie- and in turn, that was what drove her to be unfaithful. He also could have retaliated in turn. Or he could have been transferring his distrust of Stevie from himself- meaning, he was the one cheating to begin with. Who knows... they were both so you, and it was the swinging '70s.
I also think 'trust' can be many things besides just fidelity. In recent times Lindsey has said more than once that Stevie is "learning to trust me again" as a friend etc. You need to trust that the one you love is there for you, in your corner, and that you can count on them to rally you when you are down, to encourage you and support you in your work etc. And clearly, at least from what Stevie has said, Lindsey could be rather harsh and cutting in his criticisms of her work and other things…. so who knows what the breach might have been. He admits to holding onto her too tightly and being too controlling and certainly that seems related to fidelity but who knows what else. His controlling behavior as you say was a factor in her wanting to get out of the relationship but maybe part of that was just needing room to breathe. "you may take my hand/you who demand so much"