View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Physical resemblance is one of the last things on my list when it comes to casting choices for films like this. I don't get why that's so important to people.
i think it depends on how much you are attached to real people who are portrayed, and what they mean to you. i hated Phoenix as Johnny Cash, because i LOVE real Johnny Cash, and his looks but especially amazing voice is a big part of who his is. Johnny was a large-ish looking man with a deep voice. his voice made who he was for me. Phoenix looked and sounded nothing like him in the movie, he was like some little wuss. so i couldn't make myself to watch that movie for a long time, and hated all the accolades it was getting. then i finally had to detach myself and think of the movie as a whole separate entity, like i'm not watching a movie about Johnny Cash but some other dude with the same life story. then i could enjoy the movie but still HATED the way they did most of the songs. because they sounded nothing like Cash.

so i can imagine i would feel the same about the film that would portray LB as one of main characters and the guy looked and *felt* nothing like him. Bradley Cooper has enough resemblance in both the looks and the vibe. but soon he'll be too old for late 20s Lindsey. and Kate Blanchet would have been perfect Christine but already too old, same with Liam Neeson. and these are all incredible actors, too.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"