View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Salt Lake City Show

The Salt Lake show was great. As we were waiting for the doors to open saw Lindsey, Kristen, and band pull up so that was pretty cool. First, the venue was amazing. Very small. I would recommend this venue to anyone who wants to get up front as it does not have designated seating. The entire bottom floor was standing room. At first I was little worried because it was not filling up at all. There were tables around the perimeter where people could sit and eat and then a balcony with tables. It started to fill up later, but still not at capacity. Anyway, I was able to get right at the stage to the right of Lindsey's microphone. I was able to get some pictures that and I will post some here later. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a photographer so alot of them did not come out. I also got some short movie clips that I will also post.

As for the show, it was great. Lindsey seemed much more relaxed than the Seattle show. Seems he has worked out most of the kinks so that is probably why. He was much more interactive with the crowd and seemed to be having a great time.

The set list was the same. I don't think it's going to change at this point - the set lists were taped to the speakers by Lindsey's feet and looked pretty permanent.

The speeches seemed the same. One thing that was different from Seattle was that Brett introduced Lindsey during the band introductions. Maybe he has been doing that, and I just missed it in other reviewes. Brett said it was great working with Lindsey because he was such a great musician and that he really admired Lindsey for being such a great father and husband.

I think after GYOW when Lindsey was talking someone in the crowd kept yelling "Don't Stop." I don't know if he meant the song or for Lindsey not to stop. Then he started yelling "It's not that funny, Lindsey." Lindsey got a kick out of that and started laughing. At one point some drunk girl tried to make her way up front and there was quite a pushing match in the crowd to keep her out. I don't think Lindsey saw it, but Brett looked pretty concerned. Thankfully the girl got a clue and went back to her seat.

The show was great. Those of you who have tickets to coming shows are in for a treat as I think Lindsey has relaxed a bit, which makes the show more fun.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB

Last edited by AliP; 09-23-2008 at 12:42 PM..