View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornflake Girl View Post
I hear you, my school used to encourage 'student bonding' and 'interpersonal communication' and various other bullsh*t terms. We had a 'health fair' every year where the slogan was 'Be All You Can Be' and 'Simply the Best' was the theme tune, even Oprah would have cringed at the cheese factor. I guess they have to do it to tick some box on a checklist from the local authority. I considered that week an extra holiday.

That sounds like an interesting career! If you have an analytical mind (which you probably do since you're so strong in english) you'll be very good at that. I always do much better with essays than exams (I'm a panicker). The only thing that helps with it is practice sadly.

Oh God, I wonder if at these board meetings where they design these activities they actually sit and go, 'RIGHT, think of something that will indefinitely put the whole school 0ff wanting to freely participate in this days.' I wish they were extra holidays! We really don't get enough, all of the cheese takes it out of me.

I do have an analytical mind, sometimes works to my advantage, sometimes makes me paranoid. I'm exactly the same, I prefer working to my own time limits. Plus, I'm godawful at allocating enough time to get things done. I know, "practise makes perfect" and that, but still. I can never be arsed to practise!