View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Hi Lee
I really feel for your situation. There are groups that can help you. Is your brother a vet? If so, there are numerous vet organizations that can help. Even if the woman that hit him does not have insurance, his insurance should kick in and help. I have known people who have taken their own insurance company to court when they were hurt. His lawyer can assist with this. You or your sister can ask who his friends are and maybe they can help. Most important is to let him know you care and keep his spirits up. He will pull through this knowing there is a reason to live and his family cares for him. Talk to the doctors. The hospital can also put you in touch with assistance programs. It may pay off to make a trip out there to see him and get as much information as possible. Its great that his co-worker took his cat to take care of.
The bones will heal. It will take time. You need to contact his friend and welcome him into your family. Give him money or anything he needs to be there for your brother since you are so far away. Let him know how special he is and how important it is for him to keep you updated on his condition. Its a long road to recovery. Once he is able to talk, please call him everyday. Your brother needs love and encouragement to get better. Please keep us posted.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-06-2018 at 07:19 PM..