View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 01:55 PM
Ledgie

If Lindsey was feeling so passive around the time of Mirage, I wish he would have let Stevie have one more track: "Smile At You." That take certainly didn't lack the passion he and Christine were apparently feeling at the time.

I love Mirage and would love to have a remaster. It contains "Gypsy," which is in my top 5 songs of all time. Stevie's "That's Alright" and "Straight Back" are great too.

I think Lindsey sounds adventurous enough on four quirky songs I really enjoy: "Can't Go Back," "Book of Love," "Empire State" (yes I said it), and "Eyes of the World."

Christine contributed two fine singles "Love In Store" and "Hold Me" (though I've always felt like the latter could have used an extra verse or something).

The only bland spots for me were Christine's "Only Over You" and "Wish You Were Here" (but they're okay).

1982 was probably one of the better years in my appreciation of 80s music because synthesizers and drum machines weren't decade-defining technology yet.

"Tango" has aged okay, but a lot of it sounds very much like a reaction to the technology of the time (is that why you left the single version of "Big Love" off "The Very Best" complication, Lindsey? Cuz the oohs and aahs are a little embarrassing now?). A lot of it sounds like pure solo Lindsey, cuz it actually is.

I'm glad "Mirage" was more of a group effort.