View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now, when she was promoting Mirage, Christine said:

Quote:
In the last year or so, we've sorted our a lot of our personal differences..the breakups and all that kind of thing within the band and the emotional situations, and we had a lot of fun making this album. I think you can tell that when you listen to it. But we were dumbfounded, you could say, with the success it's had. Rumours and Tusk had a massive amount of success, of course, but they didn't seem to get to the top of the charts quite so quickly.
Mick promoting Mirage:

Quote:
"I think coming back to Mirage it had alot to do with starting with Tusk and going through the solo albums. I think this album is much more integrated as a band. If Lindsey was here he would be the first to say that he was really trying to do something with Fleetwood Mac that wasn't particularly natural. I'm not discounting the stuff he's done on Tusk at all because I think it's marvelous. But in terms of -- he's now more aware of working with the tools he's got. Rather than feeling frustrated, he feels very very at ease with the way we approached working on Mirage. If he hadn't of done a solo album I don't think that would have happened."
Stevie. I remember her talking about leaving Smile At You off of the album before it was released. She said that Lindsey wanted to put something more positive on it. After Mirage she said:

Quote:
Sometimes I wish the industry would just go away and leave us alone. We haven't broken up yet. Our worst album, Mirage, wasn't exactly a complete bomb. It still sold millions of records.
I'm glad Mirage was the worst album at that point and not Tusk.

Michele