View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
What I didn't expect was how fantastic her voice still is. It's better now than it was 20-30 years ago, which is ridiculous. Nobody's voice gets better as they age. Her voice is the focal point of the album, in my opinion.
Everything else aside, I totally agree: her voice is beautiful. I've likened it to a fine wine... Much like Chris herself. She sounds great.

There is such a thing as over-produced, but there's also the flipside: being underproduced. Not that ITM was, I just think it could use a bit of tweaking here and there. In the little review I wrote down, I summed it up as an album to listen to on a rainy day, since it is a *cozy* sort of album.

Quote:
She made her first album because her then manager pushed her into it. She made her 1984 album & ITM purely for fun. It's that simple.
Well... Don't assume that everyone knew those facts about how the albums came to be. I didn't even know that was the reasons why she did the Christine Perfect and the '84 records. ITM, I knew was something she said was "totally unexpected".

FWIW I don't even recognize the person who started this topic, so I had no idea whether or not they were a McVie fan.