View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ msLinds, so happy you're getting the Signature Box! I'm a Lennon completist but mainly because I love everything about his music. I even bought Sometime in New York City when it was remastered/remixed a few years ago and enjoyed [John's half]. I think his music touches me because it was so beautifully honest, poetic, passionate, and genuine. He had the most unique delivery of anyone I've ever listened to, and his voice....my GAWD.

I appreciate that interview with Sean/Charlotte on the radio program. You can see in his facial expression that discussing his father is not that easy- not because he wants all the attention on him, but because he has a lot of issues over the fact that his father was killed at such a young age, with two sons and a wife, for some dumb reason. Yoko has mentioned that John's death is something Sean is still very angry over. And in fact if you read the interview with Sean that is in the back of the Philip Norman biography you see how much he adores his dad and he does talk about how difficult it has been to come to terms with his passing.

Ok, so...I'm thinking I *may* go to New York in December. To do something in John's memory...I guess the "30th Anniversary" is really getting to me.