View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Hmmm. And leave out The Bluesbreakers, the recruitment of Danny Kirwan, Black Magic Woman, Oh Well, Man of the World, reaching number 1 in the UK with Albatross, recording at Chess Records, Then Play On, the Munich incident, Peter Green leaving, Christine McVie joining, Kiln House, Bob Welch joining... etc.
Just cut to 1971? Perhaps a movie should be made about just the first 3 years of the band.
Shame Richard E Grant is getting on a bit. I'm thinking of him in Withnail and I and picturing him as a young Mick Fleetwood.
you misunderstood my post. I picked 1971 as a random example, not as an actual recommendation. I was just saying you could have Stevie and Lindsey in the story long before the 3rd episode (the original complaint) by weaving in the stories of the separate threads of FM and BN until the point they meet up. Pick 1967, pick 1972, pick 1969…… just pick somewhere to start.

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
You can have parallel narratives… show FM with PG and what's going on with them, and in alternating scenes show what's going on in San Francisco with this band Fritz and their two members who break away and move to LA as a duo and their failed record etc… show what FM was doing in, say, 1971 and show what BN was doing in 1971 and the series of events and decisions along these two paths over a few years that inevitably lead to those paths crossing in late 1974 at Sound City.