View Single Post
Old 02-01-2004, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Hmm...

In the end its up to you, but I'll weigh in with my own pro-PC experience.

BTW, Sonia... its so true that Mac ppl love their Macs but that PC owners are indifferent. Funny hey!

Anyway, I have a PC. And its not some HP or Compaq; its a bits n pieces one I compiled myself to get the best value for what I wanted. Kortni I can hook up my synth as either MIDI (which I don't these days) or digital audio (which I do). I dont know what keyboard you have but there should be no problem hooking it up if you have the drivers. Tell me more about your keyboard.

As for digital recording, I use Sonar XL and although my PC is old and slow (PIII 733 MhZ, 384 RAM) it runs good enough. There are a hell of a lot of people using programs like Sonar or Cubase, and the majority use PCs. There's no reason to buy an expensive brand name computer to use software that anyone can use. That goes for Mac and brands like HP etc.

My advice is - get a middle of the range PC built to order from a good, cheap but quality computer shop, and spend the money you save on getting a good sound card etc.