View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Oh dear. It seems we have started to make this a discussion of other PEOPLE rather than band members.

This is a bad idea, as it invites them to respond in a defensive fashion, and then you respond back, and then they respond... all so tiresome.

And doing this vague thing about "five posters" causes a problem you may not have anticipated. Since there are more than five people who are unhappy with this situation, more than five people will be wondering - if not assuming outright - that you are referring to them. You thus alienate more than five with your disparagements.

Poor form, gentlemen.

I encourage those who feel they may be one of the five fire-flamed to refrain from asking "is it me" and just not worry about it. I also wouldn't bother with any "counter-attacks." We really don't want pages of this, do we?

I encourage bwboy and Sugar Mouse to refrain from populating any more threads with discourses on the perceived personal failings of these five posters whom they find so loathsome.

Back to the topic at hand:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo
I wanted a final Rumours five album too. But gave up on that ages ago. What on earth would have kept you clinging to that fantasy? Stevie was never going to do it, it has been clear. So I do not think the rage people are expressing is because of that. I think Lindsey was the best producer for Stevie and I have complained about her solo work as a result. But it has been obvious for many years she will not record with him again. And I am not angry.
I did maintain a fantasy that somehow they would overcome their difficulties and work together again... part of that stemmed from the EP. Meager as it was, it showed that the possibility existed. Plus, Stevie changes her mind. We all know that. "That's a woman's right, they say." Was I crazy to think she would change her mind about recording when she's changed her mind so often in that past?

Heck, a little tiny place in my heart still hopes after some more distance from Tom Petty's death, she will change her mind about having Lindsey in the band and the five fireflies will be back together once more. I have not completely written off Stevie.

Last edited by sodascouts; 06-17-2018 at 07:40 PM..