View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
When I say Stevie has finally garnered respect from the band, I don’t mean respect as a singer, songwriter, performer, or even as a person. I mean that they must suddenly respect her power. For decades Stevie was critically dismissed by both the music industry as well as her very own bandmates. No more. Fleetwood Mac was once run by Mick... then for many years it became a sort of democracy. Now, it’s a dictatorship ruled entirely by Stevie. Quite a coup for Stevie, as she rode in on Lindsey’s coattails... and has now fired him, and has the rest of the band at her complete mercy.

Regarding the band having to grovel to Lindsey to get him to return, maybe if this was 25 years ago. The interviews he’s done this past year have only impressed upon me how willing he would be to return to the band, and how much the band’s legacy means to him, and how he feels it’s important to wrap up the name Fleetwood Mac with a more dignified ending. He seems quite wistful, despite the childishly degrading way he was shown the door. And it’s not like the band has a long future before it, anyway. I think Lindsey knows it has one, maybe two additional tours left in it... and that he could put aside his creative disagreements long enough to close out the band in a respectful way.
I have no idea how in TF he could go back after this? WHO would go back after being treated like that? Sure, he wants the pay check and the fame of playing in front of 20K instead of 2K. But at this point in the game? I think he'd look bigger telling them to FO. Let them ride into the sunset as The Old Goat's cover band. I'm sure Chris, John, and even whore Mick are ashamed of how this played out. They should be! And as much as that's how our band SHOULD end, it's f*cked up beyond repair, IMO.

$tevie Nick$ is the worst thing that every happened to the artistry of FM.