View Single Post
Old 12-10-2016, 03:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not bitter at all about FM. What I am bitter about is all the shade thrown at Stevie by some people in this forum over the absence of a new FM album. As if she holds the reins - nope, that's Mick and Lindsey. They could have released that damn album two years ago. It's not Stevie's fault they're holding out for her. She's made it pretty clear that she has no desire to participate in a new album. It takes too long. It's excruciating (I imagine) dealing with the band politics in the studio, the nitpicking over pronouns, and the subsequent label negotiations. It isn't fun making an album with FM, as she has mentioned more than couple times recently. Too much business and not enough art.

I'd love a new FM album, with or without Stevie. Like many of you, I feel a bit of disappointment that we aren't likely to see one. Unlike many of you, I've accepted it and moved on to find enjoyment in what *is* happening instead of obsessing over what isn't.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case