View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
At the Hollywood Bowl, the sun hadn't set yet. Cross started his set and played a bunch of songs, probably from his latest album. Then Nicolette Larson came onstage and sang the great "Lotta Love." Perfect song for a picnic at the Bowl in late summer as the sun was finally setting. Nicolette, in a long floral dress, did a few more songs, probably "Say You'll Be Mine," for example. Sometimes, at the Bowl, there's a little ocean breeze in the late, late afternoon, and it makes summer concerts so much cooler. In those days, rock concerts at the Bowl were laid back and coastal and so El Lay. So zen. They were nothing like getting mauled by the mob at one of the cavernous sports arenas, which always smelled like spilled beer to me. I was never a fan of the laid-back "Sailing," but it was the perfect musical backdrop to the Bowl experience that afternoon. And this was all before Fleetwood Mac came onstage (late, as usual, after the Mike Oldfield music played for twenty minutes over the PA). It was like getting a Swedish massage in the Hollywood Hills.
Are you high right now, my friend?