View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I love Tusk. I love how Christine describes it as so "underproduced." Is that not the perfect word to describe it? Its hard to explain so I thought she nailed it with that one word description.
Lindsey sure went out of his way to try and make it the least commercial project ever.
Double album, album cover, underproduced, track listing, and yes many of his songs.

I sometimes wonder if Lindsey had compromised with the band and made a 1 disc album that limited some of the album's oddities what it would have sounded like.

I agree Homer. I think the lead single should have been Think About Me. Its the most traditional FM song ever and could have easily been on Rumours. Tusk (song) is a FM and Lindsey concert staple but I never ever hear it on the radio. Classic rock radio pretends it does not exist even though it was a top 10 single.

Actually, I don't think underproduced is the right term. Lindsey wanted a less polished sound, but a whole lot of deliberate production and effort went into making the record sound the way it does. I think it's a very produced album that sounds polished where it needs to and a little raw where it needs to.