View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 06:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I posted this in the duplicate thread. If the two threads are ever merged, this post will show up twice, so my apologies if that happens.. but since the threads haven't been merged yet, I though I would go ahead and repost my thoughts here.

------------

I hate that those stories from the Davis book are presented as coming from "her biography" as if Stevie supervised it - more accurately, it's a biography of her. We all know it is full of inaccuracies, third/fourth hand stories and questionable content. However, people will just swallow it all as truth... weak disclaimers located much further down in the article notwithstanding. I give more credence to the Harris book, although it too has its problems.

Lindsey certainly had some major issues. We know of two times he lost control and got physical with Stevie (The Tango fight and Tusk onstage). If it's true he was abusive with Carol Ann (and he was pretty messed up back then on alcohol so it's very possible), then I'm glad she got away from him. However she, and everyone else involved, have obviously forgiven him since they continued to work with him / speak fondly of him for years. As for his other faults outlined in the article, those just seem like typical moody entitled arteest crap.

I think the violent behavior is 30 years behind him now, and these kind of "hit pieces" serve no purpose.

One more thought: If you have to go back decades to find real evidence of Lindsey being a true jerk, that says something in itself. Shall we give him no credit at all for cleaning up his act? That's something the "biggest jerks" don't typically bother to do.

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-12-2018 at 06:08 AM..