View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I was half right. The Mac did perform Why on the Midnight Special but it was 1976 with Stevie and Lindsey. They did do the Midnight Special in 1973 but Why was not performed or recorded

I had the 74 studio concert recorded from the radio in late 1983 or early 1984. Believe it or not but the entire concert was aired on a top 40 radio station late one Friday or Saturday night. IMHO, I believe they may have aired it by mistake thinking its Fleetwood mac with Lindsey and Stevie. The top 40 radio station would never have played vintage Mac songs let alone a live show. But I always enjoyed it. So many highlights: Bermuda Triangle, Hypnotized, Why, Sentimental Lady, etc.

Call me greedy but I wish we could get another live show on this package either Bare Trees or elusive few Mystery to Me shows. Does anyone know if any recordings of the brief Mystery to Me tour exist? If I could go back in time, this is the Mac show I would have sold my soul to see.
And for the first time in history, actually RAISED the key(before they were geriatrics). The original was in D, and they were doing it live in E, with Lindsey and $tevie.

The Bob Welch years are so underrated! I'd love to have a time machine to go back and see one show from then!