View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
No, I don't think so. The point I was trying to explore was whether Doug Graves was actually a part of the band rather than just one of the many backing musicians that have toured with them over the years. The Melody Maker quote mentioned earlier in the thread- It came to me as a shock when Mick asked me to join but I am enjoying playing live with the band, and hopefully will start a new studio album with the band soon, illustrates that he at least may have thought he was a member of Fleetwood Mac at the time. OK, he never appeared on an album as a credited member and obviously something happened in 1974 to prevent that occurring, but that doesn't mean he wasn't a member of the band per se.

I can't think of anyone else (bar Sheryl Crow, pardon me while I have a quick chortle, and the fake Mac) who claimed to have joined the band but who hadn't.
WHAT is the difference? They've all played live with FM, so I don't see how he is ranked above any of the other auxiliary players....