View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Just wanted to share...

Ok, I got Sean and Charlotte's new album The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger and I really like it. It's very quiet, though. Normally, I like louder, faster stuff but can totally appreciate softer, quieter music. It has a very 1960's French pop thing going- with the delivery and the melodies. Their voices combined is truly beautiful. The second song, which I forgot the name of, is gorgeous.

I actually have been a Sean fan for a while. His first album Into the Sun, was released when I was in high school and I remember getting it and thinking he was incredibly unique and melodically gifted. His voice was a tad higher then, so I didn't feel the John Lennon connection too much there. Nowadays, I see SO much of John in Sean. Sean is, in my opinion, more diverse and interesting musically than his brother. I adore Jules but his stuff is a lot more generic. But his albums Valotte and Photograph Smile are simply stunning.

If anyone has the John Lennon Signature Box...I literally teared up at both Julian and Sean's introductions. Especially Sean's. They are really lovely guys and it's terrible that John's life was taken away and two boys lost the opportunity to have their dad around to see them grow up into really kind, talented men.

Last edited by Nico; 11-03-2010 at 11:28 PM..