View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
So, I understand the sourse is a gossip rag, but I have to tell you - I worked in a bar that had an ice machine. Another employee warned me one time to never use the ice in my own beverages, and when asked why, all he said was to open the ice maker, turn my head upside down, and look up into the machine.

Well, I'm glad I did, and I've not used an ice machine in 11 years. The inside-top of that machine was coated - positively coated - in black snot-like slime and mold

Sensationalist newsrag or not, the advice to avoid ice machines (especially in hotels where the cleaning practices are already questionable) is sound advice, and I'd highly recommend that anyone tempted to use one look inside of it first. Carefully.
Gossip rag isn't really it. I'd probably describe it more as the print equivalent of Fox News.

And yes, ice machines are often nasty bacteria haven. I did try to acknowledge that in my post. But the actual Daily Mail article that MSN cited was just appallingly bad, and it causes me physical pain to see websites cite it as a legitimate source. Gotta give the 2 cents, and whatnot.