View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
After forty years in the business, if those two really think they're "vital" simply by touring and rehashing the same old crap, they're delusional and it makes me wonder how such idiots became so successful.

Dream on, silly dreamer...

I'm ready for Chris' return right now. Nicks and Buckingham have nothing to offer us as a duo at this point and it would make for a dull listen, in my opinion. I'd like to hear some new Fleetwood Mac harmonies before I die, not years-old Lindsey Buckingham tunes with a newly cut Stevie background vocal slapped onto it's ass at the last minute or Stevie Nicks tunes with obnoxious "VSO Lindsey" crooning in the background.

I sure as **** didn't think I missed Christine back when Say You Will came out or when I saw them live, but in retrospect, I miss her like I'd miss my penis if it suddenly vanished into thin air. We need Chris back, more than ever, in my view.
Good God, diss, don't you think you're being a little harsh, calling Mick and Stevie "idiots"? Aren't we a fan board? I'm all for teasing and mocking and criticizing but to (excuse the pun) diss them so adamantly and cruelly and still be a fan? I genuinely like the people of whom I consider myself a fan. And I know Stevie can be ditzy, and she comes off as self-centered sometimes (hell, I'm the same way), but you call her an idiot for that? Don't you have a fondness for her earlier works? (Of course I'm going to defend Stevie big time here because I love her so much). But this isn't just the fanatic in me speaking.

If you were being facetious (what with the laughing emoticon and all), then disregard what I just said).

I agree that a Say You Will 2 would be a useless endeavor, but are we so certain that those two have nothing left for us? I thought Lindsey's songwriting on that album was fantastic and I love or like most of Stevie's on there.

That being said, I still would much rather have Christine in the mix, and the penis comment was funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyStew
I said long ago that I'd rather have a brand new Mac or solo album every other year, than all of the extensive touring.
Maybe it's because I'm not a concert-goer, but the touring always feels like wasted time to me.
Ditto. Though I would like to go one of their live shows one day, I'd prefer a new album. The latter is just more important to me.