Thread: Oscars
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
I made the mistake of seeing The Greatest Showman and it was the worst movie I've seen in years... Mostly because it was a musical with poorly written, cliche, autotuned, forgettable music! So I'm astounded that a track from this horrible excuse for a musical won a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Oscar!

If anyone has seen the movie Coco, the song "Remember Me" is enough to bring tears to your eyes. That is the song that I think should win.

Stevie's Book of Henry song is lovely but I don't think enough people saw the film for it to be nominated. Sadly this wasn't the case with The Greatest Showman...
I think Mystery of Love from Call Me By Your Name should win. There is a montage in the movie set to the song that’s beautiful. However I Think Remember Me will win. The song is sort of important to the plot of the movie and it’s also strikes an emotional chord in the movie. I will say this. I thought both movies were great and I know those songs have to be the front runners. I have seen a lot of movies and the music is especially important in these movies. The Greatest Showman got crappy reviews too. Doubt anything from it will win.