Thread: Oscars
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
I made the mistake of seeing The Greatest Showman and it was the worst movie I've seen in years... Mostly because it was a musical with poorly written, cliche, autotuned, forgettable music! So I'm astounded that a track from this horrible excuse for a musical won a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Oscar!

If anyone has seen the movie Coco, the song "Remember Me" is enough to bring tears to your eyes. That is the song that I think should win.

Stevie's Book of Henry song is lovely but I don't think enough people saw the film for it to be nominated. Sadly this wasn't the case with The Greatest Showman...
I've just listened out of curiosity to the tune in question and I understand, it's a pretty classic musical song, it didn't strike me in any particular way. I can't judge the movie because I haven't seen it, but I want to say that last time I went to the cinema I refused to see it because I realized that it's starting a Circus theme revival in Hollywood and it puts me off because I already know that in short time we'll be over saturated with productions about Circus and the likes.