View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just saw him this past Friday night (April 18th) at Don The Beachcomber's in Sunset Beach, CA.

Just Rick, Joe Yuele on drums (formerly with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers) & Dan Durran on bass. First time I've seen Rick in a trio format (even though it appears he plays that way pretty often) Previously when I saw him, he'd always had a 2nd guitarist or a keyboardist (or both).

Didn't sound empty at all...and Rick was ON FIRE!! (hopefully, somebody recorded that performance for posterity!

Probably one of the FIRST times I didn't sit there & list his set, as well. But, here's as close as I can get from memory, the order is probably off but, at least here are most of the songs he played:

Looking For Somebody
Fleetwood Boogie
My Baby's Hot (aka "Red Hot Gal")
Long Black Limousine (NOT "Long Black Car" that is on his Lucky Devils album)
When We Do The Lucky Devil
Pretty Girls Everywhere (Champion Jack Dupree cover)
Streamliner
I Wouldn't Lay My Guitar Down
The Glory Road
Homework
Slide The Blues (or one that sounded awfully close to it)
Hole In My Shoe
Carry It On Home To Rosie
Feels Just Like Home
Going To Las Vegas (instrumentally...if it wasn't this song, it was one that sounded damned close to it)
Bayou Goodbye

Also, I think "Exotica By Night" was in there somewhere, too.

He's going to be back there at Don The Beachcomber's on June 6th in his KING PARIS guise, can't wait!!!!!!!

Last edited by chiliD; 04-20-2014 at 08:41 PM..