View Single Post
Old 04-15-2003, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This really is an excellent album... very strong in every aspect. Which makes it extremely hard to pick a clear favorite or a clear least favorite.
At least for me.

But the songs that I'm most into at the moment are "Murrow," "Illume," "Destiny Rules," "Bleed To Love Her" (I know it's "old," but I'm a sucker for that song), "Say You Will," and "Everybody Finds Out."

As for least favorites.... for some reason I've always run hot & cold where "Red Rover" is concerned.
If i'm in the mood to listen to it, then it's cool and I can really get into it... but it seems that when it's alongside other tracks, I tend to skip it.
I discovered that tendency quite a while back, when listening to the disc I burned of LB's 'GoS' tracks... no matter what, I almost always skipped "Red Rover."

The other one I'm going to have to warm up to, is "Silver Girl."
I dig the lyrics, but I really wish they would have done something a little more upbeat and quirky with the arrangement. I don't care for the lyrics in the context of what's basically a ballad.
But I'm sure it'll be another one, like "Red Rover," that I'll really enjoy as an entity unto itself, just not within the context of the album.

I love this album.