View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
I understand your point. I don't blame them for not wanting to play 2500 seaters either. The problem is, at the prices they are charging now, they are a weak arena act in many markets. It behooved them to (and they should have) charge less to begin with, as it would have helped with the demand for a no-longer-not-so-inevitable followup shed tour in '10- especially considering FM does not receive a g'tee for their LN shed gigs (rather 100% of the net gate after doc'd expenses).

My original point- in relation to NYC- was that if they absolutely wanted/needed to do a second NYC date this month (it better be because they're not hitting the market again in '09), it would have made much more sense to play a RCMH than a half empty MSG. The show was never going to come close to selling out anyways, for one, and RCMH would have been an inspired booking that would have gotten positive press (from the presumed sellout) and positive buzz from the fans. Maybe it could have been a show they filmed. Plus, even if they sold ~5500, they could have scaled it so that they would have made about as much as they did for the MSG mistake.
Touché'

Actually, we agree more often than not. And, the empty MSG was an embarrasment.

save the cheerleader - save the world