View Single Post
Old 07-19-2004, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWing
Hmm, the Silver Springs debacle never even crossed my mind, although I can't understand for the life of me why the band chose IDWTK over Silver Springs. I can't speak for others, but I've thought of IDWTK as the album's one weak spot since long before I ever heard about it replacing Silver Springs. I'm just intrigued that, while opinions about the other albums seem to differ wildly from user to user, so many other people seem to agree that the rest of Rumours rocks while IDWTK is disposable.

Eileen
I don't get it. Rumours was the first FM album I ever owned back in high school, and before I knew anything about the band, and especially before I knew that IDWTK replaced Silver Springs, it was my favorite song, and to this day it remains as one of my favorite FM songs of all time. I think it's a fun, whimsical song with great harmonies, even though Stevie recorded it "with a gun to (her) head." It's obvious that the song won't last long past the first few rounds of this game (if even the first round), but I have to take this opportunity to express my dissent and defend the song. Are there any other kindrid spirits out there, or am I completely alone in my assertion?

My vote is for Don't Stop.