View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I think if it wasn't for the fact that she's Stevie Nicks, she wouldn't be able to sell any albums or tickets with her current voice. I don't want to sound mean but sometimes I find it hard to listen to now :/

I also think the real reason she won't get in the studio is because she's traumatized from Say You Will. She really didn't like ANYTHING having to do with that album/the process of making it.
Ive often thought the same thing about Stevie's voice. Not only has she lost much of her range, but she's lost pretty much all of her vocal flexibility and beautiful, warm tone. Her voice used to be so buttery and strong; it sounds so thin & strained now. At least she has mostly migrated away from the flatness she exhibited so heavily during the first 10 or so years of this century. I blame her flat, shrieking, belting vocals on that awful coach who "saved" her voice. She still has her moments, but her voice is mostly gone now. I remember thinking how terrible she sounded during the Street Angel tour, but compare those shows to modern Stevie and it's shocking how good she was then compared to now.

The whole negativity that Stevie has harped on for a decade regarding SYW just baffles me to death. The Destiny Rules doc shows nothing but Lindsey catering to Stevie, and being extraordinarily supportive and patient with her. Yes, they had their one little tiff, but even Stevie admitted the next day that she was over it. So when I hear Stevie harp on how awful SYW was, I just groan. I suspect she's projecting her own inadequacies on Lindsey.