Thread: Set List Ideas
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
LOL I am definitely not trying to get you to change your mind, but here are a few more things to consider:

1- buying a ticket or two from a scalper at a reduced rate the day of the concert isn't going to make or break FM in terms of lining their pockets.

2- if you go, you'll either enjoy the concert or you'll see that you were right to feel the way you do in the first place about the new lineup without Lindsey. And even if FM give a horrible performance, well that could be entertaining to watch, too!

3- fortunately, there will likely be plenty of footage posted on the internet, so even if you don't go, you'll get a good idea of what their performance is like.
You definitely bring up some strong and valid points.

You know what, I actually don't think that FM's performance will be horrible at all. Mike Campbell is an amazing guitar player--both he and Finn are extremely talented. However, it's just not Fleetwood Mac. Trying to replace a lineup that creates magic with random different pieces of a puzzle just translates into bland and uninspired.

As a follower of this band for over 40 years, I've been there, done that. Billy Burnett and Rick Vito were great musicians. But, the 87-90 incarnation was lifeless. The magic was stolen.

Last edited by WatchChain; 05-01-2018 at 01:37 PM..