View Single Post
Old 02-19-2003, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Les
I suppose that begs the question why they didn't do it in reverse. Why not record during the time they toured and tour during the time they recorded?
Just conjecture, but I think it might've had something to do with Stevie doing her Street Angel tour with Rick Vito on guitar and Mick wanting to cash in on the Fleetwood Mac name via the summer/fall concert circles while he could...even though Street Angel didn't set the world on fire, either. Plus, a secondary factor could've been to see how this lineup gelled on stage before heading into the studio. I still would like to hear how the completed Another Link In The Chain album sounded before Christine got involved and it morphed into Time.

Quote:
Originally posted by wetcamelfood
I assume that he figured that if he didn't do it then those fans that were going to his solo shows and were NOW going to FM concerts to see him play would have been "disappointed" if he didn't do any/many of "his" songs.
Obviously, "Blow By Blow" definitely belonged in the set. And, I could understand "Only You Know & I Know" & "We Just Disagree", but a cover of a cover? ("All Along The Watchtower"?? "Dear Mr. Fantasy"??). Personally, "World In Changes" or "Look At Me, Look At You" would've made a better fit in a Fleetwood Mac set than those other choices. Even "Feelin' Alright"!!!!!!