View Single Post
Old 02-17-2003, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question NOSTALGIC FM

Quote:
Originally posted by Les
I think overall he was just wary of Mick turning the Mac into a purely nostalgia act by trying to shoehorn the new people into the same Rumours setlist out on the road
What I have to say here is more against Mick than anything else though it may sound "against Lindsey" for what he had said about this.

I do agree that Mick (& possibly John too) held Bekka & Billy back from being "themselves". It's hard to say if he was "able to do this" with Dave Mason, probably not, but I guess his way around that in the studio was to have Christine come in and do her "usual" material for "Time".

The thing I don't get is why is the "Time" deal considered "nostalgic" but NOT "The dance" etc.?

Though I do enjoy the BN music and all, to me, the re-joining of BN makes it seem MORE nostalgic. Maybe BN re-joining would have seemed more nostalgic if the Bramlett/Burnette/Mason lineup was "allowed" to do new things rather than "forcing" them to "rehash old things" on the road etc. but I just don't understand why the BN reformation is not considered to be what seems to have been decided of later "less familiar" FM members/lineups.

Any thoughts?

John