View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
. . . "Things are better now than they used to be," says Nicks. "In the old days we were angry with each other and didn't like each other. We had to go on stage and play. It was all about dirty looks and not having much fun. That's partly to do with why Lindsey left the band in '83."

"Eighty-seven," interjects Buckingham and, as if on cue, there follows a few minutes of intense discussion between them about just when the guitarist was in the band and when he wasn't.

"But honey, you really left in '83, you only came back to do [the album] Tango in the Night in 1987. You didn't tour."

"No, no, I was in the band until 1987," he insists, and suddenly it's as if only the two of them are in the room. "I was there for the whole thing. I produced the album and then I pulled out for the tour because it was just too crazy."

Nicks gives this a few seconds' thought.

"I thought you pretty much left. Oh, I can't even remember," she concedes.
Actualy, La Nicks is mostly correct here. All of the rags at the time indicated FM broke up after Mirage. I mean TITN was five years later and in that time La Nicks released two solo records and did two or three world tours. LB was working on his third record and seemingly had no interest in FM until =, for whatever reason, he deceided to morph his solo record (presumably GOS) into TITN. But, accroding to most of the press and his own opinion later, he did not go willingly and in fact later backed out because the craziness was starting. So, for him to say he was totally committed to FM until he left in 1987 is not that accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
"You have a band of people who are sovereign and talented in their own right and who have found ways to stay together," says Buckingham. "We are musicians, songwriters and singers par excellence ... I would like to think. We are a band and in many ways we are better now than we have ever been."
And people got all over La Nicks for her "enjoy my celebrity" comment - LB equates himself and his band to a sovereign If La Nicks had said this, she hardly would be given a free pass and instead would be called all kinds of names

I LOVE that she called him honey. I also think the Australians seem to get the best interviews.

Finally, wouldn't you just love to read Stevie's journals in 1987. Thank goodness she wrote it all down so she can reference it when she finally writes that book.

save the cheerleader - save the world