View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I want to thank you for bringing this one up as when I received it I was so put off with the poor sound (as a collector you’d think I’d be used to it) and the seeming lack of any really “new” material, that I really did not give it too close a listen.
Upon closer listening, there were items of interest to be found, but as you stated, little that was revelatory.
I’d like to add to your list that the “Untitled Instrumental” (that’s the one that would catch the eye of most Fleetwood Mac / Peter Green fans) is in fact ‘Honey Boy Blues’, found on the “Complete Blue Horizon Sessions” box set, along with twenty other of the bootleg’s twenty four tracks.
The only member of Fleetwood Mac really heard playing on the track is Mick Fleetwood. Green adds a few notes (if any) near the end, but really it is Honeyboy Edwards’ number.
‘Bobby’s Rock’ has some studio chatter on the head of the official release not found on the bootleg. And rather than being at the end of Spencer’s set, as on the box set, it is the first track heard with him leading the band.

The bootleg does have a false start on ‘Madison Blues’ which goes into Spencer vocalizing how he would like it played, which would have been nice to have on the official release.
Similarly, Vernon trimmed the warm-ups and some of the studio chatter from ‘Talk With You’ and ‘Like It This Way’, but to me, those are no real losses.

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder