View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
Without you Mario, we Peter Green fans would never get any inside information during the years of this message board's existance.

I knew in late 2009 Mike Dodd made the same mistake as Nigel Watson, and Mick Fleetwood. Dodd pushed Peter Green into a normal tour schedule regimen. I also knew things weren't "right" when Peter became "Lancaster, PA" Amish man, with his beard. Peter grew his beard as he grew it during the last months with FM, he was not happy.
Yes, I think you are right. When I saw PG & F in the beginning of november 2009, he looked bored and fed up, and Mike Dodd seemed irritated with him. When you admire someone - maybe idealize them, you might not see them very realistically. You just want them to fit into the picture you have of them. It's very human really. Maybe that's the case with Mike Dodd and PG.

PG is a brilliant musician, but a very vulnerable human being who should not tour extensively for 18 months. Somehow I think "the guardians" (whoever they are...) should have stopped it long before, because he does not seem to be able to take care of himself (say NO, for instance instead of growing a beard), and is easily taken advantage of.

We will probably never know "what really happened", because obviously no one is allowed to talk and to give an objective account. What a pity.

Ms Moose