View Single Post
Old 10-27-2002, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Murrow as Peacekeeper? Doubtful

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo

Come on David - what do you know that we don't??? Pleease? lol

Yeah after relistening to Murrow a few times I can hear it musically as a single, especially if reworked somewhat.
Well, I personally am not "in the know" but I think it'd be a pretty safe bet that "Murrow" is not "Peacekeeper." First off, Murrow has nothing to do with keeping peace. Unless that's an ironic title, but I think that's a real stretch. So much so, in fact, I'm wondering how that rumor even got started.

It's more likely that Lindsey's song from the footage where he talks about "healing the wounds" is "Peacekeeper" - however, it's just as likely (perhaps more so) that we haven't heard "Peacekeeper" at all. Regardless, it's pretty safe to say that it's NOT "Murrow."

Heck, "Murrow" might not even be on the album at all for all we know, much less the first single! Again, I'm not some music biz expert, but I know enough to know that "Murrow" as the first single would be a bad idea. It's too different. I mean, there's clips of news programs buried in there and it starts off with his voice all eerie sounding. It doesn't really get rocking until the chorus (in my opinion).

Of course, being a lover of "I'm So Afraid," the take off on it that's the ending guitar solo appeals to me, but I think I heard somewhere that really long guitar endings aren't good for singles. Now, don't get me wrong, I like it well enough. However, it wouldn't be what I'd highlight to sell an album.

Last edited by sodascouts; 10-27-2002 at 03:35 PM..