View Single Post
Old 08-16-2001, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Les
Jo/Jensen brings up a good point in that by sticking only to 'concept' videos, we'll be very heavy on Christine's material since it was her songs that were most often chosen as singles.

Hi Les,
I agree. I've been saying all along that a concept videos-only release would be, in my opinion, way too heavy-handed where Christine's material is concerned.
If everyone doesn't mind reading back to the 2nd page of this thread, I listed two other possible track-lists that are a little more even... and both of which would be, to me, preferable over a strict concept video collection.

I completely understand that a lot of people would like to FINALLY have all of the videos in pristine condition, and on the same collection... I'd love that too... but being that we're limited in the number of tracks, and therefore unable to balance it with live clips, I feel it would be better to not stick with the idea of compiling all of the concept videos onto one collection.

I also feel that if we're going to be able to really push this title to a wider audience (remember, more sales means a better potential for future releases), we're going to have to make sure it's a little more balanced.
I can just see a lot of the fans grumbling about Stevie and Lindsey each having only three videos apiece on the DVD/VHS, while Christine has six (not counting "Hold Me").
Not to mention that key songs, such as "Rhiannon" and "Go Your Own Way" would be left out.

Marty, you certainly don't need any more work, but I think we're definitely going to need to vote at some point.
I think we're all in agreement that we want *SOMETHING* released, so perhaps it won't be so difficult for us to narrow down exactly *what* we want.

Johnny Stew