View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for posting all this detailed info, BklynBlue and ash1! I tended to think that "King Bee" was not Fleetwood Mac but the info in ash1's post is making me re-think that. I'll have to have another listen soon for sure.

Ash1 is spot-on in his recommendation for Rich's book on Peter Green. It's a perfect companion to the music itself.

One more recommendation for Peter Green and early Mac fans that I've mentioned before. If you're on Facebook, check out some of the Green-, Kirwan-, and Mac-related Facebook groups. Some are "closed" groups where you may need to request being added to the group in order to participate - generally just a formality - but well worth it. The "Then Play On ... Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac" group in particular has some very knowledgeable folks who participate regularly and other members who check in on occasion (including Mike Vernon). A number of them are UK fans who followed the band from the beginning, and some followed Green since his Bluesbreakers days. Even Madge of "Then Play On" fame participates there, as well as several other people who have known, and played with, Peter Green over the years.