View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
Nancy - One correction to what I wrote. My intention was to write Louisville, not Tulsa. Had Tulsa Time on my mind....Overall premise remains unchanged. Ticket sales are below expectations for many cities regardless of date or region. There are exceptions, such as Chicago, New Orleans, etc. However, generally this is trending to not be a disaster, all the guarantees will be met, no one will lose big, but there will be no incentive to add 2nd dates, or 2nd or 3rd routings / legs like On With the show or Say You Will.
Louisville... wow. Yikes. There are far more like that than the few exceptions, and I appreciate your expertise.

While I'm unsurprised they're not facing disaster - there are still many people who want to hear Fleetwood Mac no matter what - I must admit I take satisfaction from their underperformance. Serves them right, I say.

I hope Stevie feels embarrassment about this (I doubt she cares too much about the money, as she has plenty, and a shorter tour just means she can dance around her apartment sooner). She doesn't like playing to smaller crowds - hence all these joint tours she does so she can still play arenas. This will still be a large crowd, but she will see a lot of empty seats at a lot of shows. She won't like that.

Plus, I really do feel like Stevie might find she misses the drama onstage she had with Lindsey. I can't imagine it will be nearly as much fun to perform with someone she barely knows (Finn) and she can't sing to Mike Campbell as if he were a former lover. That would look ridiculous. No more "on stage, we are in love again" moments. No "Without You" reminiscing. It's just going to feel like a solo show with some guests for her (three guests from FM, one guest from Crowded House, one guest from the Heartbreakers). It will not feel like anything special. Thus, I hope if they do another tour, she will give in and allow Mick to call Lindsey.

Again, I realize my chances are slim.