View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 07:16 AM

RECAP: Salt Lake City, UT – Vivint Smart Home Arena

On Saturday night, Stevie Nicks performed at Vivint Smart Home Arena in Salt Lake City — the second show of Leg 2 and 30th show overall. Salt Lake City was one of many cities where Stevie spent time as a child. She mentioned having a personal attachment to the snowy area during her introduction for “Landslide.”

Thanks and much love to McKell Richardson, Christine Hall, and LA for sharing these pictures.

Transcriptions:

Starshine
I went to Tom Petty’s house somewhere around 1981/1982. Maybe…it could have even been 1979, actually, probably was. And I went over to his house and I had my guitar in hand, in the case so I looked totally serious, even though I had super long nails which meant: Why are you bothering to bring your guitar? Because it looked good. So I would go over there once in a while and we’d like sit and write. So I walked in, I said ‘So I think I have a good song. I have a good poem, and I think the melody’s good.’ So he said, ‘OK, well, play it for me.’ No pressure. So I sit down at the piano and I play this song and he likes it! And he doesn’t like everything so you’ll thrilled when he does like something. So I said, ‘OK, good, so does that mean we can maybe record it?’ And he’s like, ‘Yeah, OK, well, OK, all right.’ And I said, ‘Are The Heartbreakers coming over?’ And goes like, ‘Yeah they’re kind of on their way.’ So they came slowly in.
And so anyway, long story short, we recorded this song, and it took like 20 minutes. It was really easy and…because I only three or four chords. So it was really easy, and it came out great, even the lead vocal was even good. So if he had been doing a record, or if I had been doing a record, it would have went on one of those records. But neither of us was doing a record so it went into the ‘gothic trunk of lost songs.’ And it stayed there until two years ago when I went to Nashville and took all my demos that were in the ‘gothic trunk of lost songs’ and recorded them exactly like they were on their demos. So here it is and it’s called ‘Starshine.’

Landslide
Thank you. So that’s one of the five or six songs that have also been played every single time on the stage pretty much. And every once in a while I will say to whoever is the band, ‘So why don’t we just not do ‘Rhiannon’ this time, and this is the reaction I get… [gasps!]. So I go like, ‘OK!’
So this next song…and yes, there’s one more! There’s like maybe seven of those songs. And I wrote this song in Aspen. I totally wish I had written it here, but I wrote it in Aspen. It’s the only time I’d been in the snow covered mountains, snow covered hills or mountains, except for when I was here. I should have written it when I lived here because I was certainly more attached to here than I was the two months I spent in Aspen. And I wrote it in someone’s living room looking out over this beautiful view and trying to make a decision on what to do with my musical life. And so anyway, little did that little girl know that that song would really take her to the top. And that’s another way to tell you all that one little thing…because it may happen for you. Always keep your eyes open because that could be it. So here it is, ‘Landslide.’

Videos and Twittersphere on the main page: http://stevie-nicks.info/2017/02/rec...rt-home-arena/

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 02-26-2017 at 03:08 PM..