View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
He compromises with every FM situation, so why should this be any different? And even though he probably has tons of money stashed away, it must be a total buzzkill to go from making 8-figures in 2003-2004 to probably not even making barely 7-figures after that. There must be a side of him that still loves flying around in a private jet and playing the largest stages of the world. Otherwise he would have left and never come back a long time ago.

I can definitely see how Lindsey probably felt like the king of the hill after Christine left. So now he's going to have to eat some humble pie and get back to working as a team. I think this could only be a good thing.
Why should he need to eat humble pie at this stage in his career and what has he done wrong that he needs to eat humble pie anyway? People are usually only served humble pie as a penalty when they've usurped their boundaries. Lindsey hasn't done that. The very idea that having Sheryl around will somehow keep him in line is a big reason I would be against her inclusion. I don't want him in line. I may want him to work with an outside producer (like Ken or Richard), but I am very happy with him being who he, Tusk, is.

Furthermore, working as a team is only a good thing if the teamwork contemplated has merit. I don't want Lindsey to work as a team to put out garbage. If compromise works to the greater good, fine. Compromise for the sake of compromise alone is meaningless.

Michele