View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
Oh my God! Brandon! That gif from "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" is EVERYTHING!!! Hilarious!!! Perhaps more Ruprect gifs ("Dot Buther?") need to come into play in regards to the prequels versus original trilogy?!

Hawkeye, I love you so much...and the two of us have pretty much always agreed on everything involving Stevie and Fleetwood Mac...but ARE YOU INSANE??? It would seem you are of a different generation than those of us who grew up with the original trilogy firsthand and experienced the films on the big

Sorry for not responding in the past 2 months, I guess I forgot to check back on this thread or chit chat in general.

But let me try to explain myself. Your probably right and the fact that I saw all 6 movies within a very short amount of time vs. as they happened skewed my view of the movies. And let me clarify that my opinion has NOTHING to do with the better graphics and visuals in the prequels. My enjoyment of movies is not based on special effects or action even. I enjoy the character and the story much more I the prequels.

I much prefer Anakins story to Lukes the fact that I knew he endgame didn't matter to me. Kind of like how I pretty much knew Walt was gonna die in breaking bad, but that didn't matter. The how was much more important to that story then the actual act. The idea that that guy on the screen was gonna become dart header fascinated me, and I was dying to know what could possibly trigger that.

Or I guess you could say obi wan was the actual focus of the prequel, and his journey from young Jedi to mentor Jedi interested me too.

Maybe because I was very new to Star Wars but I dint know that palpatene was gonna be the emperor, so that was a twist for me.

The whole transformation into that empire also was cool for me.

Yoda- for as iconic as I always heard he was (people doing impressions, toys all over the place) I always assumed he was more important to the original movies. But really he was just a decrepit shriveled up frog in 5 and 6. And not even in the first one. I much more enjoyed seeing the younger, actual legendary Yoda in the prequels who actually contributed and was engaged in the cause.

He Will Burn You Down